Loch Raven Network Success Stories
The Adopt-a-Family Event is a Welcome Success, December, 2018
Twenty-eight families were adopted this year by volunteers of the Student Support Network.
A garage filled with gifts for families participating in the Adopt-A-Family Program for the December holidays at Loch Raven High School.
Every Donation Had An Impact in 2017
To see just how important the 2017 Loch Raven High School projects were to the school’s students, please read the wonderful letter of thanks from the school Principal, Administrative Assistant, and Social Worker for our programs and funding of projects. Chris Diehl, the lead organizer for the Network program at Loch Raven, is phenomenal! Read the letter.
In addition, the work of the Student Support Network on behalf of Loch Raven High School did not go unnoticed by Congressman Dutch Ruppersberger, who wrote a letter to Laurie Taylor-Mitchell after reading one of the Towson Times articles on the Network. Read Congressman Ruppersberger’s letter
2017 LRHS In-School Projects Supporting Students in Poverty
- 32 families benefited from the Adopt A Family Holiday program Learn More
- 25 backpacks were distributed through the Back to School Project
- A Clothing Drive was conducted for mock employee interviews
- The Thanksgiving Drive benefited students & families in need
- The “Room of Support”, called the Loch Raven Haven, was organized & stocked with “in demand” items
- $100 Grocery store gift cards were distributed for spring & summer breaks
- Food & toiletries were stocked in key offices
- Donations covered caps & gowns, gym uniforms, prom ticket, yearbook fees, college deposit, AP test fees, field trip & basketball gear assistance for homeless/low income students
October 2017: Mock interviews with employers give students experience with interviewing for a job. The Loch Raven Network’s drive for shoes and clothes for interviews helped students look their best for interviews at Loch Raven, Parkville, and Chesapeake High Schools.
Network volunteers at Loch Raven High School, December 2017
Students at Goucher College with items donated to the Network by Goucher Students and Alumni, December 2017
Gifts arriving at Loch Raven High School, Adopt A Family Program, December 2017
Baltimore County Employees at Drumcastle with gifts for the Loch Raven High School Adopt A Family Program, December 2017